Last updated : October 31, 2018
This Policy applies to information we collect through our website, schoolsquare.com, as well as the School Square software product (together, the “Service”). It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
The Purpose of the Policy
We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat Personally Identifiable Information. This Policy applies only to information collected through the Service. It may not apply to information that we may collect offline (for example, via phone calls). We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes will take effect immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users or posting the revised Policy on this page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and consent to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
Information that You Provide Us
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you enter into forms or other input fields in the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public or semi-public areas of the Service or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (“User Contributions”). You post User Contributions and transmit them to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, so we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized people will not view your User Contributions.
In these ways, we may ask you for your name, email address and other contact information and information about how you have used the Service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions, including:
- Details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We collect this information to help us understand how people use our Service, how we can improve its speed and how we can make it easier for people to use it. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons[AN2]. Pages of our Service may contain electronic files known as web beacons (also called clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that let us, for example, count users who have visited those pages and for other website statistics, like recording the popularity of website content and verifying system and server integrity.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information:
- To present the Service to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To let you know about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails[AN3].
How We Disclose Information to Others
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose Personally Identifiable Information to third parties except:
(1) where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide or market the Service, or Company or Company’s products (“Third-Party Services,” below);
(2) in response to a court order or where the law requires;
(3) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct;
(4) to firms with which we may contract to develop our products; or
(5) to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include Amazon Web Services, Facebook API, Facebook SDKs, Google’s Gmail, Google Analytics, Heroku and LinkedIn and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services will handle Personally Identifiable Information pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. By using our Service, you consent to our providing Personally Identifiable Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use Personally Identifiable Information, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using Personally Identifiable Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of Personally Identifiable Information.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Cookies and Other Storage Technologies
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook) may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how do to so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Personally Identifiable Information except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.